Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thats the Way the Cookie Crumbles

Over the course of the last week my communication with Chocolate Chip Cookie has completely broken down. The catalyst for this was a call that Chocolate Chip Cookie got from his ex-boyfriend. It was the call to come home.

It seems as though the plans of the ex who had not long ago moved out weren’t quite working out and so he wanted to move back in. Chocolate Chip Cookie said that the ex was still on the mortgage and that he felt like he had to let him move back to the house – that coupled with the fact the Chocolate Chip Cookie missed the dog they once shared.

And that is how the cookie crumbled. The ex moved back in last Saturday and every day since the calls and texts have dwindled. I’m not shocked by this. When he told me the ex called I knew that he would answer. That’s how these things typically go. The only thing that does slightly disturb me however is that in our last few sparse exchanges Chocolate Chip Cookie has felt the need to apologize for the communication being sparse or short.

He, like I am, is a grown man and that means too old to be apologizing for how we feel and what we do. He did whatever the heck he does with his ex and his friends that he had before he met me this weekend and didn’t reach out. I don’t want him to apologize for that as he did. I had a great and relaxing weekend with myself and I’m not apologizing for that. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles.