Friday, March 06, 2009

Afternoon Delight

Earlier this week Chocolate Chip Cookie and I had a chance to spend some time together. We caught a movie and went to dinner after. I enjoyed our time together. It was just what I had wanted and my sweet tooth was satisfied.

Today was a rather long day at work, mostly because of a late afternoon meeting with someone who I couldn’t determine if he was dumb, lazy or both. Not the ideal note to end the day on – confused about the confused. Nevertheless, when the meeting was over I walked out in the hall and looked at my cell phone at just the right time to see it light up with an incoming call. It was Chocolate Chip Cookie and it was perfect timing.

I had decided toward the end of the meeting that my reward for the long day was going to blow my diet and buy a big sugar cookie from the shop across the street from my office building but with the call from Chocolate Chip Cookie I realized there wasn’t a need. I was okay with the unexpected call as my treat. I didn’t a sugar cookie I had a Chocolate Chip Cookie instead.