Monday, January 30, 2006

See Through Me

I was up before the sun. Most days I would have gotten out of bed but this day was different. The night before was different. Instead of rising, I just rolled over. I wanted to look at The Wiz while he was still sleeping. A man asleep is a man in the most vulnerable and serene state. If I had one wish, in that moment my hearts desire would have been to caress his face and open his eyes and see everything that he has seen in his life through them.

I wonder about him. I wonder about some of the things that he has seen and where he imagines that he might go next. I’d like to know what it is that he wants to see in his future, even what he doesn’t want to see. I’ve gathered that he has already seen a lot, many unhappy things yet I still want him to share those things with me. Piece by piece. As much as I can handle. I want to know who this man is and why he is who he is. And the answer to that question is the question, what are the experiences he is made of.

Maybe with him, I may finally share mine too. I think he could be strong enough.