Friday, May 06, 2005

Turn this Mutha Out

Finally, Friday has arrived and I am looking forward to tomorrow like a child looks forward Christmas. Tomorrow in fact, I will be getting a gift, the treat that I bought for myself two days ago. The past few weeks have been very busy at work and in just three weeks I will be involved in executing one of the biggest events I have ever pulled together. I have been a believer that if you work hard you should play hard so the other day I committed to myself that if the weekend travel deals really offered a deal I’d take the airlines up on their offer. They came through and tomorrow I will be passing through a DC airport on my way to the West Coast.

I will hop off the plane at LAX tomorrow evening just in time to grab a bite, a cocktail and do a costume change before catching the hot boys of LA at the Catch. Sunday I plan to roll over and call my mother to tell her I love her and confirm she got the card I sent. After lounging for a bit I will lounge some more and stroll to my favorite LA eatery, Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffle. I don’t know what they do to the chicken or where they get it from but it is absolutely delicious and I can taste it right now. This weekend will be all about relaxing and enjoying myself, not running around the city or wearing myself out or too thin.

Actually, when I first stumbled on this incredibly low fare for the ticket I hesitated before I bought. On one hand the ticket was a steal. On the other I thought about how I might be needed to do something in DC this weekend, or that this, that or the other. The usual angst I put myself through. Then I concluded that sometimes it needs to be about me, not any organization I work for, board I serve on or other person. Like they say in the cosmetic ads, I’m worth it. I deserve it. I am young. I am single. God is good to me. There must be times in life when I treat myself not cheat myself.

So City of Angels, its Mother’s Day weekend and I am coming to have a mother of a good time.