Thursday, May 05, 2005

Rain Drops

Tuesday night has come and gone and for the first time in nearly a month I didn’t spend it with Fresh Rain. There was no precipitation in the air. I haven’t talked to Fresh Rain in days. We haven’t talked, not because I haven’t reached out, but because he hasn’t reached back. Last week I thought we both had a wonderful time. In fact, he noted that he really enjoyed himself. So why then have we only had one fifteen minute conversation since the last time we went out together? Why does it appear that he has pulled back just as we were getting to know each other. I don’t know. I may not ever know and most importantly I am not going to spend too much time wondering why either. What I do know for sure is that for the few weeks we held pretty steady conversation and the few times we went out I thoroughly enjoyed his company.

Fresh Rain was a great learning experience for me. I stepped outside of my box, I put my best foot forward and I didn’t become too attached too soon as I often have a habit of doing. I am proud of myself. This experience showed me that although I have some growing up to do that I have grown since the last go around. Maybe it will rain again.