Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Secret

Sometimes when I’m talking to someone and there is a long pause I break the silence by asking them to tell me a secret. I’m sitting at my desk in silence right now and I have asked myself for the same thing I ask of others – a secret. But as I sit I realize that at the moment I have more one go share.

My secret is that today I pressed my hand to my chest and wondered where Beauty was. I pray that wherever he is that he is doing well. I pray that he is praying.

My secret is that I am hiding something from my boss and I don’t know when I can whisper this secret in her ear for sure but time is running out. I don’t know if she will be moved to scream by whisper.

My secret is that twice this week I have touched flesh but I long for someone to touch my heart.