Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Manhattan Melody

Sound I

Sitting across from Foxy at the Harlem Tea Room I realized how blessed I am to have met such a great friend. I was introduced to him through Blue Sky. I first met Foxy a little more than a year ago but fantastically it feels like we have shared a friendship forever. Friendships are so valuable to me and I often wonder how I can do more to show all of my friends how grateful I am for their gift.

Sound II

Following the Knickā€™s game Aziza and I taxied over to the Blue Water Grill for late afternoon wine and chocolate fondue. While toasting and talking on the patio her eyes drifted from mine to a passerby. My eyes followed. Our smiles were in sync. It was George C. Wolfe a man whose name to me is synonymous with the phrase performing arts. Like us he was enjoying a beautiful autumn day in the bosom of the City. There is no place like New York.

Sound III

Walking down Fifth Avenue heading toward Christopher Street I enjoyed so much peace. I looked good and felt even better. Enjoying people watching and the feeling of being immersed in the City I wanted to share that experience with someone special. I took out my cell phone and realized there was no one to call. So, I just talked to God. I should probably call him more in good times anyway.