Monday, February 28, 2005

Starr 7

Some people do a baker’s dozen. I am not some people and I don’t think I have 13 things to say. So here goes my Starr Seven.

1.Saturday night I had a lovely evening at a house party. It was a benefit for a community organization and well attended by many of the DC black gay movers and shakers. It was a warm open environment and a good time was had by all. I felt like I was part of a community.
2.I learned that one of the men I was flirting with at the house party is a former lover of my good friend, Mr. Kane. He was very nice – but can I pursue?
3.I called my mom to ask for her aunt’s phone number. She asked why I wanted the phone number. I told her because I wanted to thank her for something she sent me. My mom asked what did her aunt send me. I told her several recipes. My mother said – “what are you going to do with those?”
4.I called Langston to wish him a happy birthday on Saturday. He hasn’t responded to acknowledge my call. Two weeks ago I sent him a copy of an article he asked me to send him. He hasn’t acknowledged receipt of that either.
5.Over the weekend I talked to one of my little brothers from the hood. He is a senior in college and spoke to a group of high school seniors on Friday afternoon. When he called me to describe the experience he said, “I felt like I was you. I felt good.” Bless his heart.
6.The Oscar’s were very black. I liked the color.
7.When I laid in my bed on Sunday night I wrapped myself so tight in my Egyptian cotton sheets I felt like I was being hugged by a cloud.