Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A-B-C-onfused

I keep recounting my steps yesterday morning between the bedroom of my apartment and the train station I walk to every day to get to work. It seems that somewhere between point A and point B I lost my C-ell phone. I did nothing out of the ordinary. I did nothing unusual in collecting my things for work and walking to the train station. So how and why did the phone disappear?

The last time I had a phone ‘incident’ I can take the blame. I was doing something wrong, for all the wrong reasons and it was stolen. That is a complete beginning and end. There is no room left there to wonder. I learned my lesson – which I should have already known from the beginning. But this time it seems so much different.

I am totally baffled by the loss and subsequent financial burden of the replacement of my cell phone. I followed my normal protocol. As a person who typically follows the philosophy that everything happens for a reason – I am totally confused.