Friday, January 28, 2005

Working on My Wings

I’m watching the clock like it’s the last fine black man at the club. It is Friday afternoon and I am ready to leave this office and everything in it for the weekend.

I had a lot of stuff on my mind yesterday and it still lingers there of course, just not as heightened as it was yesterday. That’s a good thing because what I must not forget is that those feelings and questions are there and must be dealt with step by step or once again they will rear their ugly heads again in unison once more. I don’t want that to happen.

Yesterday and last night was a lot about what I have been doing the past few months, discovering, rediscovering, having epiphanies and coming more and more into my own. Last night I thought. I wrote. I talked to two of my closest friends – who I love so much. I felt like I had some breakthroughs. If I hadn’t been going through it yesterday, I would have never asked myself many of the questions I needed to answer, some questions weren’t new and I’m still coming up with an answer for them. I’m 25 years old and it may take me another 5 or 10 years to come up with the answers but at least I’m looking for them. That I think is part of a healthy life. It is a natural part of evolution.

A caterpillar eases its way into a cocoon and later has to go through great pains to break its way out of that shell and come out a butterfly. The caterpillar gains its strength in the process of being in the dark and fighting to bust open that shell. Once it emerges it is beautiful, strong and flies.

I’m still relatively young. I’m in a cocoon. Lord guiding me, I will evolve. And I don’t know exactly how or when. And at this moment I’m laughing right now because when I am full fledged butterfly…..*mad giggles* Be ready!