Friday, December 31, 2004

Let Midnight Come

I said that if I can make it until midnight I would be all right. Lord, let midnight come. Yesterday I thought all my plans to visit New York City would go smoothly. Never on any trip to NYC have I had so many obstacles. I tried to purchase a ticket online but the system was down so I had to call customer service. They were more like a customer dis-service than anything else. I spent over an hour on the phone with them. My time of departure was delayed by an hour and a half. While en route to NYC I got a call on my cell phone from Langston. I hadn’t talked to Langston in a week and he was calling to let me know he was at intermission of Gem of the Ocean and wanted to call and let me know how much he enjoyed the first act. Langston lives on the other side of the country. What was he doing in NYC when he knew I would be here? Further, why was he calling me to let me know he was in town? Was this all some plot to rattle my bones one more time before the end of the year. He wants to go to breakfast or lunch before he leaves on Sunday. I love his company and I know that I could love him but it just can’t be. I called a mutual friend of Langston and I and he told me he knew that Langston was going to be in NYC but didn’t connect we would be here at the same time. He also said that he thinks Langston was here with ‘someone special.’ Torture.

When I finally arrived to NYC an hour after I expected to get here I headed to Escualitas with friends to get my mind right. It was there that I was violated. My cell phone was stolen. Explaining the details will only piss me off. Luckily the friend I am staying with had an extra phone and I was able to go early this morning to get my old phone turned off and his activated with my number. Of course all the numbers I had in the old phone are gone. Is it over yet?