Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Come here, sit on my lap.

For the past several weeks I have been doing it again. I had been running around too busy or too lazy to what I should have been doing. Transitioning roles, taking in a few more lessons, doing a bit of this and a bit of that and always saying I would get around to centering myself again without ever really doing it. Just like a little child. So many things happening all at once at home I found myself running around, screaming, laughing playing, all in fun, all in my own time. When that happens, those with good parents usually step in and tell the child to quiet down. Relax a little bit. They speak the words, ‘Come here, sit on my lap.’

This morning I boarded the plane to head back home with AQueer. I fly because I have to, not because I want to and though the flight is only about 53 minutes I was glad he was sitting next to me. The flight took off and he and I enjoyed our typical banter and jokes as we recapped our time in Ohio with our families. Our flight was very early this morning and at some point AQueer began to drift off to sleep. Shortly the captain made an announcement that we would be experiencing some turbulence ahead. I clasped the arms to my seat tightly and prepared myself for the bumps. There I was again flying 30,000 feet above the Earth, being tossed about in the air like a rag doll, horribly uncomfortable. AQueer woke only for a moment to ask if I were okay. I told him no, but knowing there was nothing he could do to stop the turbulence he just turned his head and went back to sleep.

In that moment I chose to remain with my hands clutching the arms and to close my eyes. I thought that I would pray that God would see us to our destination safely. But that was not my prayer. In the less than a second that it took me to close my eyes, my ears were opened and I heard the simple words of my father, God, the Creator of the most high, in a calm and gentle voice say to me, his child, “Come here, sit on my lap’ and I did.

I sat on my father’s lap and more than he spoke to me his listened. I felt so cool and collected there, I felt so very much at peace. While I knew that the plane was shaking, I was not. I was in my center again. I could not be moved. It was another reminder to me that no matter what is going on in the world around me, no matter how the wind may blow, that when I am in my sacred spiritual place, that I can not be moved. I am grounded. I am at peace. I am at one with the Universe and all that is in it. The Universe is as at one with me and all that is in me.

During that quiet time I felt a connection that I desperately needed. A connection that I know always exist but I need to tap into it more often. His lap is always there.