Friday, November 26, 2004

Starr in the City

Last week I was feeling a bit out of sorts. I had been dealing with a lot of issues in my life, past and present. Finally, by Monday of this week I was starting to feel mentally and emotionally like my normal self just in time for the holiday. Since I finished graduate school I’ve been spending my Thanksgiving in DC instead of traveling home to Cleveland. This year I departed from that. Wednesday I packed my bag and headed to New York City to spend the holiday and the weekend with one of my closest friends and his roommate.

Late dinner on Wednesday night at the Pink Tea Cup, a great Thanksgiving dinner with great friends, a fierce hip hop party at the new Krash followed by breakfast at Tiffany’s and enjoying the energy that is New York City. There is nothing like taking a bite out of the Big Apple. I love so much about this city that simply being here has helped put me in a better space and I’m feeling 100% again. So look out world. The weekend is far from over. Today is Friday and it’s really just beginning....