Monday, June 04, 2007

Deja Vu

Friday night I was at Halo, not being such of an angel but certainly having a good time. I was dressed down and a lot more casual than I ever am when I tend to frequent the bar. I was in my element. All night long the drinks were flowing, the laughs kept coming and I chatted up two very handsome men.

Smiles is a hot redbone whose pearly whites can light up half the Vegas strip. He was very engaging and sexy in a subtle way. I gave him my number and he said he’d call me Saturday so that we could get together. (note today is Monday I’ve not received said call) The other gentleman was the opposite tone of Smiles.
He was dark like cocoa and his appeal was a little less physical and a lot more mental. Leave it to me to have conversations about politics at a bar on a Friday night. After a suggestion of doing brunch on Sunday I got the Cocoa Conservatives phone number and kept it moving.

Friday night was turning out to be a lot better than Friday afternoon when I finally gave in and called the young man I’ve taken a fancy to that is a student at Howard. He is full of promise yet, Prince Charming hadn’t been in touch with me in days and when I called and got his voicemail on Friday I was feeling a bit like a frog myself.

By Saturday night I had declared that it wasn’t right but it was okay than none of these gentlemen had reached out to me. Sunday morning I made plans to go to brunch with friends. Merriment and mimosas were certainly in order.

Well, while enjoying my time with ATLRed and AQueer a familiar voice was heard at the side of my table and it wasn’t the waiter. Prince Charming happened to be dining out for brunch this Sunday too. He was charming of course and my heart honestly fluttered like a butterfly who just broke out the cocoon – wild and happy to be free. He flirted. I flirted. He said had been busy the past few days and noted we hadn’t seen each other in a week. I noted that he said he was busy. He pardoned himself and 30 seconds later I got a text from him saying it was good to see me. I want to hit him up and ask him when that can happen but I refuse (at least for now anyway). I am a catch and someone ought to catch me. I’m not always going to be the one running and chasing.

Ironically, I did end up running today. Of course, I joined a gym about two months ago and my favorite thing to do is run on the treadmill (because I can simultaneously watch television) but that is not the kind of running I did at the gym today. This evening it was more like run up out the gym rather than run at the gym.

While doing the lifting circuit I noticed the body of a man at the other end of the gym. In my mind I noted he was pleasing to the eyes and figured I’d get a closer look as I switched machines. I did. I got a good look. It was Smiles!

He noticed me and walked over to say hello. He asked if I worked out at the gym at this time frequently and some other idle gym chat. I admit I was flirtatious and batted my eyes as if I’d been trained in doing so by Betty Boop.
I also admit that for some reason seeing him at the gym made me horribly uncomfortable. The thought of he and I also being in the same locker room later made me freak out and as soon as I finished my last set I got the freak out the gym.

The other revelation I had about these gentlemen is that while I was cleaning my apartment Saturday and my mind was crystal clear I realized that I actually met Smiles and Cocoa Conservative a few months ago.

Baby I can't go anywhere ~ Without thinking that you're there~ Seems like
you're everywhere, it's true~ Gotta be having Deja Vu'Cause in my mind I want
you here~ Get on the next plane, I don't care ~ Is it because I'm missing you~
That I'm having Deja Vu